Join KidWind for this hydropower virtual workshop to explore the science of water based power!
During this virtual workshop, educators will learn the foundations of water power including the science and technology of hydropower turbines. This workshop will also introduce activities for the classroom that engage students in dynamic, hands-on energy-based learning.
All teachers who pre-register will receive a $100 kit before the 3 hour virtual training and will go through how to use these materials in the classroom. This workshop has self guided and in-person components.
Some things to know:
- This workshop and the materials used are geared towards middle school and high school teachers.
- No prior knowledge of hydropower is required.
- You will need a stable internet connection and dedicated space in which to work.
- You will need access to a sink to do some basic hydropower experiments.
- KidWind will ship you a box of material 4-7 days before the workshop.
- Preservice and retired teachers are welcome!
Use discount code CREATEWK2024 to reduce the registration cost to $10. Register by April 10th to receive materials prior to the workshop.
- Agricultural and Environmental Technologies