Bring your LOVE of writing with you to:
A workshop designed to provide STEM faculty at both the secondary and post-secondary levels with strategies for including a variety of writing activities in their courses. Workshop participants learn how to add writing practice to their STEM courses that will help students improve their writing and at the same time enhance their learning in the discipline.
- Why writing matters - the theoretical underpinnings
- The role of informal and low-stakes writing both in and out of class
- Building a formal writing product using scaffolding techniques
- Developing meaningful rubrics for evaluating writing products
- Providing students with feedback on their writing in the context of a STEM classroom
- Sharing writing-related resources on the DeafTEC website
Each workshop participant will leave with a plan for developing a writing assignment that provides students with writing practice and the tools to provide constructive feedback.
Registration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 904-361-6214
- General Advanced Technological Education
Projects or Centers
Conducting Projects or Centers: