Educators will leverage cross-curricular geospatial tools to increase student engagement and appropriately scaled inquiry-based lessons and demonstrations.
Teachers will spend 3 days:
- Experiencing lesson resources prepared for classroom implementation from Esri’s GeoInquiries, ArcGIS books, and virtual Learn GIS site.
- Exploring how to use spatial data to enhance lesson formats across many curricular topics.
- Adding value to maps using meaningful multimedia integration for engaging students.
- Becoming comfortable with types of analysis students can perform to more easily address questions student may have when learning from data.
- Designing basic but engaging projects using geospatial technology as a means to teach and increase student engagement.
Projects or Centers
Conducting Projects or Centers: