FLATE/HCC Robotics and Engineering Camps are designed to introduce middle and high school students to the world of robotics and automation so they can explore the applications in both the industrial and personal use fields. The camp facilitators are from the School District of Hillsborough County, Hillsborough Community College and local industry, all selected based on their experience and training. The camp is coordinated by the National Science Foundation-funded Florida Advanced Technological Education Center (FLATE).
Campers should not arrive prior to 8:15 a.m. Campers should be picked up promptly at 4 p.m. each day. Students are to bring their own lunch and snacks. Middle School Robotics Camps cost $175 per week and the High School Camp costs $200 per week. This includes a t-shirt, curriculum, supplies, and a field trip to an advanced manufacturing facility.
HIGH SCHOOL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY CAMP – no experience required
- Use 3D Modeling and CAD to design a functional robotic device
- Engage in 3D printing process using additive manufacturing techniques
- Students keep the Arduino microprocessors and servo motors
- Tour an advanced manufacturing facility
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
Projects or Centers
Conducting Projects or Centers: