This workshop provides participants with concrete tools for teaching critical thinking skills while covering required course content. By the end of the workshop, participants are able to create lesson plans that enhance critical thinking skills based on content from any discipline in the humanities or social sciences. Participants will also learn how these skills can be easily and accurately measured.
By the end of this workshop, participants know or are able to:
- Understand fundamentals of the human brain regarding dispositions toward critical thought, bias, use of evidence, and heuristic thinking.
- Understand what works and what doesn’t work regarding critical thinking instruction.
- Learn and apply precise pedagogical methods that help students at any level improve their critical thinking skills.
- Learn and apply precise pedagogical methods to improve writing skills based on critical thinking practices.
- Create critical thinking rubrics.
- Participate in exercises proven to enhance critical thinking.
- Create exercises and exams that enhance and measure critical thinking skills.
- Use and create rubrics that provide viable measurements of critical thinking.
Participants receive a Certificate of Attendance upon completing the workshop.
- General Advanced Technological Education
Projects or Centers
Informing Projects or Centers: