This workshop, from the Center for Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education Resource Center (CREATE), is aimed towards high school and community college STEM educators. At this event, participants will:
- Learn how solar photovoltaic power works.
- Investigate career opportunities for students.
- Explore CREATE’s collection of ready-made solar classroom lessons.
- Develop a lesson plan to implement in the classroom.
Participants are expected to put in 5-6 hours of online, virtual instruction, and 5-6 hours working offline with CREATE lessons and solar lab equipment. Participants will receive:
- Six complete solar PV lesson packages (and access to many more!)
- $200 in solar PV equipment to implement CREATE’s lessons (classroom solar module, electrical meters, solar power meter).
- Professional instruction using CREATE’s lessons and equipment in the classroom.
- Lab Equipment Award application to request student sets of solar PV equipment to support teaching solar in the classroom (valued up to $1200).
- Opportunity to win up to $1000 through Teaching Innovation Competitions by demonstrating effective use of workshop lesson plan into the classroom.
- Discussion and collaboration with solar PV teaching specialists.
- Agricultural and Environmental Technologies
Projects or Centers
Conducting Projects or Centers: