Learn how to teach rough vacuum technology using hands-on activities in effective, engaging ways in your classroom!
Join organizers in Bloomington, MN in 2023 for this on-site hands-on Professional Development Workshop in vacuum technology. At this Workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- review new educational resources developed as part of this NSF New-to-ATE project,
- get familiarized with rough vacuum systems developed by Normandale Community College and SUNY Erie Community College,
- access resources and experience to build, run and troubleshoot rough vacuum systems, and finally
- have access to ready-to-use hands-on classroom lab activities that will enable you to add meaningful context for learning about rough vacuum technology in your classroom.
Intended audience for the workshop is community college faculty.
This professional development workshop includes two linked events:
- Remote Zoom kick-off meeting with workshop participants:
- Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 11am-12pm (ET) or
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 3pm-4pm (ET)
- On-Site Workshop at Normandale Community College:
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 6 pm (CT) – welcome dinner
- Thursday, June 22, 2023, 8am-5pm (CT) – day long on-site workshop (lunch provided)
- Friday, June 23, 2023, 8am-1pm (CT) – half-day on-site workshop (lunch provided)
- Friday, June 23, 2023, 2-3pm (CT) – optional industry site tour
- Information on hotel accommodations in Bloomington, MN will be provided
- Stipend will be paid to participants after full completion of the Workshop.