Go beyond focusing solely on presenting yourself as the optimal candidate and utilize the interview to determine if an internship/job opportunity is a “Good Fit” for you! In this workshop you’ll gain strategies to clarify your career and educational goals and frame questions to obtain accurate information to assess if a workplace will support those goals, while also learning to recognize potential misalignments.
- Define what a ‘bad fit' or 'toxic work environment’ is
- Outline and clarify your own goals before the interview
- Use questions during an interview to determine whether a workplace is in alignment with your goals and values
- Articulate strategies and practice language to frame questions
- Describe examples of verbal and non-verbal red flags indicating the opportunity may not be a “Good Fit”
- Describe factors that can make it difficult to recognize and weigh the potential impact of red flags during and after an interview
- General Advanced Technological Education