Would you like to improve work-based learning experiences for your students and their industry mentors/supervisors? Check out the Inclusive Research Mentor-Manager Training developed through an NSF ATE supported partnership with the City College of San Francisco Biotechnology Program and the University of California, San Francisco. This training is part of an NSF grant-funded initiative, designed to teach scientists the frameworks and language to mentor and manage inclusively. The Inclusive Research Mentor-Manager series is currently free and will be held as interactive workshops via Zoom.
Eight Virtual Workshops - Mondays & Wednesdays, Oct 11th-Nov 13th. 10am-12pm PT
- Module 1 - Assess Yourself: Which of the 5 inclusive strategies would work in your lab/on your team?
- Module 2 - Assess Yourself: Which of the 7 people manager (supervisory) responsibilities will you use to manage your mentee/employee’s productivity?
- Module 3 - Effectively supervising people who aren't you: Managing different workstyles
- Module 4 - How to transparently set (performance and conduct) expectations
- Module 5 - Teach/train and delegate: Using best practices to train your diverse team
- Module 6 - Communicating inclusively: developing your own feedback strategy and style
- Module 7 - When someone isn't meeting your expectations: Strategies and resources to manage performance equitably
- Module 8 - How to inclusively hire: Which strategies will you use?