Learn how to teach solar principles in effective, engaging ways in your classroom! Join CREATE in Madison, WI for the STEM Educator Solar Institute.
At the Institute, you’ll use tools of the trade to install and commission a residential size solar photovoltaic array. You’ll review and practice necessary safety measures and electrical principles. Finally, you’ll perform (and take with you) ready to use hands-on classroom lab activities that will enable you to bring solar energy to life in your classroom.
- Class morning and afternoon at Madison College’s Commercial Avenue campus and outdoor solar photovoltaic training yard.
- Hotel accommodations in downtown Madison for two nights provided, along with breakfast and lunch.
- $600 stipend paid to participants after full completion of the Academy.
- Lab equipment award application to request student sets of solar PV equipment to support teaching solar in your classroom (valued at $1200).
- One graduate credit available (estimated cost $65).