The Role of Community Colleges in Cybersecurity Education: Future Directions 2022 Summit Report
This 168-page report, developed after a 2022 cybersecurity education summit and published by the National Cybersecurity Training and Education Center (NCyTE), "examines new, emerging workforce requirements and develops a renewed national strategy for community colleges to continue contributing to solutions for building the cybersecurity workforce pipeline." The following topics are presented in this report:
- Workforce Study: Community College Cybersecurity Alumni, Where Are They Now?
- CyberCorps Scholarship for Service Program
- Community College Leadership Roles: The Impact of the NSA/DHS CAE Program on Community Colleges
- CTE K-12 Pathways of Study in Cybersecurity: The Role of Community Colleges
- National trends of Community Colleges Offering Bachelor's Degrees. What Are the Current and Future Impact on the National Cyber Workforce?
- The Successes and Challenges Faced by Community Colleges in Addressing the Evolving Cybersecurity Work Roles
- Challenges in Building Stronger Community College Cyber Articulation Agreements
- The Role of the Community College in Building an Inclusive and Diverse Cybersecurity Workforce
- The Impact of Community College Partnerships: A Study of Three ATE Cybersecurity Centers
- Innovations in Cybersecurity Classroom Practices: A Spotlight on Community Colleges
- Evidence-Based Assessment: The Role of Extracurricular Activities in Preparing Students for the Cybersecurity Workforce
Topics are presented as case studies and provide information on major issues, rationales, methodology details, and more.
Four summit strategies are also provided, which include the following: diversify the workforce, provide cybersecurity education to K-12 students, increase capacity of cybersecurity education at community colleges, and expand business and industry engagement and college program responsiveness. Each strategy includes a sub-category with information on initiatives, challenges, and solutions. The history of the summit, keynote speaker biographies, references, a list of summit participants, the summit agenda, and pre-summit interviews are also included.